It was narrated from Ibn ‘Umar (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “If people knew what I know about being alone, no rider would travel at night by himself.” Narrated by al-Bukhaari (2998).
6 Tips for Battling Loneliness
1. Seeking knowledge : The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “This world is cursed, as is everything in it, except for remembrance of Allaah (dhikr) and what he likes (righteous deeds etc), and a scholar or a student.” Narrated by al-Tirmidhi (2322)
2. Zikirullah (Remembrance of Allah) : Allaah says concerning dhikr (interpretation of the meaning): “Those who believed (in the Oneness of Allaah — Islamic Monotheism), and whose hearts find rest in the remembrance of Allaah verily, in the remembrance of Allaah do hearts find rest” [al-Ra’d 13:28]
3. Nurturing others — raising children, teaching, caring for animals — helps to alleviate loneliness. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) also said, “Whoever has two daughters and treats them kindly, they will be a protection for him against the Fire." Narrated by Ahmad.
4. Search for some good friends : Allaah says : “The believers, men and women, are Awliyaa’ (helpers, supporters, friends, protectors) of one another” [al-Tawbah 9:71].
It was narrated from Mu’aadh ibn Jabal that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The shaytaan is the wolf of man like the wolf of sheep takes the stray sheep and the one that wanders far. Beware of division, and adhere to the jamaa’ah.” Narrated by Ahmad (22029)
Keep in mind that to avoid loneliness, many people need both a social circle and an intimate attachment.
5. Built Commitment like marriage, set up company or indulge in business. It was narrated from ‘Abdullah ibn ‘Amr that the Messenger of Allah (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) said: “This world is temporary joys, and the best temporary joy of this world is a righteous wife.” Narrated by Muslim, 1467;
6. Try to figure out what’s missing from your life. Identify what is your objective and goal and start working hard to pursue it.
Allaah has made worship the ultimate aim and loftiest purpose of man: “And I (Allaah) created not the jinn and mankind except that they should worship Me (Alone)” [al-Dhaariyaat 51:56]
Allaah commanded His Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him): “Say (O Muhammad): Verily, my Salaah (prayer), my sacrifice, my living, and my dying are for Allaah, the Lord of the ‘Aalameen (mankind, jinn and all that exists)” [al-An’aam 6:162]